Saturday, April 6, 2013

Morgan, Age 8

This morning I asked Morgan if she felt any different now that she is eight.  She said she thought her legs seemed a little longer.  Oh, dream on, my little vertically challenged gene pool.

I feel like Morgan did a lot of "growing up" this year.  And I'm a little worried that those quotable gems that only come in the formative years are going to come fewer and farther between for her.  But instead of dwelling on the loss of innocence, I'm going to try very hard to appreciate the fact that she's getting smarter than me.  And since she hasn't asked for a training bra yet, I'm marking this year in the "win" column.


Here are Morgan's favorite things - Age 8 (AKA the year technology threw up in my house).

Best Friend: Annie
Movie: Oz, The Great and Powerful (good things we saw it yesterday)
TV Show: Ocean Girl and H2O 
Toy:  Pooh Bear and Beluga
Book:  The books you made of pictures of vacation.
Color: Emerald
Song: I Believe (from Mirror, Mirror)
Food:  Ribs and meat (that's my girl)
Dessert: Frozen banana with chocolate over it  (that's Scott's girl)
Thing to do as a family: Play games
Thing about Zoe: I like her personality
Thing about Mommy: Because you're my mom (so basically she has to like me)
Thing about Daddy:  Because he's funny
Things about Thea's (sitter):  Playing with my friends and hanging out with her

What do you want to be when you grow up?  Artist that just does stuff at home.  And then a teacher that does stuff at school.  But I don't want to be an art teacher.  I just want to do art in my free time.  (What is this "free time" you speak of?)

3 comments:

  1. This is great. My wife keeps meaning to record all these little facts about our kids, and sometimes she's able to scribble a few notes here and there. When they're old enough to form their own opinions we'll make sure to do this.

    8 is a good age, I think. They're lower-maintenance, intelligent and impressionable, and they haven't rebelled yet. I love how Morgan answered the last question. Free time, sigh. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah to be 8 again :-) I love her breeziness with the answers. And to me, Morgan saying because you're her mom wasn't a have to like you thing, I saw that as more she couldn't pick just one thing but loves all the things about you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenn on that one!

    ReplyDelete