Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quotes of the Day

Today I keep coming back to the immortal words of John Keating from Dead Poet's Society:

“So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.”

Too true, O Captain, my Captain.

And since I'm on a roll...top 5 quotes from Dead Poet's Society:

5.  Congratulations, Mr. Hopkins. You have the first poem to ever have a negative score on the Pritchard scale.
4.  Now, don't just walk off the edge like lemmings! Look around you!

3.  Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone.
2.  Mr. Anderson! Don't think that I don't know that this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole!
1.  Damn it Neil, the name is Nuwanda.




1 comment:

  1. I can't even believe I'm about to admit this out loud but I've never seen taht movie (runs away to avoid the shame of ridicule...)

    ReplyDelete